Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Professor of the
Foundations of Computer Science group.
Mail address: 30-387 Krakow, Gronostajowa 3, Krakow ,
phone (48 12) 664 6783
Fax (48 12) 430-14-67
email: sedziwy 'at' softlab 'dot' ii 'dot' uj 'dot' edu 'dot' pl
Office address: Krakow, Gronostajowa 3 room 106, New University campus.
RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS: differential equations and their
applications , numerical analysis.
1956 M.Sc. of Mechanical Engineering (Cracow University of Technology),
1960 M.Sc. of Mathematics (Jagiellonian University),
1965 Doctorate of Mathematics,
1975 Habilitation in Mathematics,
1997 Professor of Mathematics.
1. R. Manasevich (co-author), p-Laplacian and Lienard-type
equation, Rocky Mountain Journ. of Math., Vol. 27(2), 1997, 611-617.
2. Nonlinear aeriodic boundary value problem for a second order ordinary differential
equation, Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods and Applications, Vol =2(7), 1998, 881-890.
3. R. Schaefer (co-author), Filtration in
cohesive soils: mathematical model, Computer Assisted Mechanics and Engineering Sciences,
6, 1999, 1-13.
4. R. Schaefer, (co-author) Filtration in
cohesive soils: numerical approach, Computer Assisted Mechanics and Engineering Sciences,
6, 1999, 15-26.
5. Multipoint boundary value problems for
a second order ordinary differential equation, Journal of Math. Anal. and appl.,
236, 1999, 384-398.
6. S. Kasprzyk (co-author), Vibrations of an elastic body carrying a number of concentrated =asses,
Bull. of the Pol. Ac. Sci., Tech. Sci., Vol. 47(3), 1999, 209-220.
7. Upper and lower solutions method for even order =wo point boundary value problems,
Rocky Mountain Journ. of Math., Vol. 31(4), 2001, 1429-1434.
8. Bounded solutions of second order systems of differential equations, Journal of Math. Anal. and
appl., Vol. 281(2),
9. Fredholm lternative and boundary value problems, Proceedings of the AMS, Vol. 132(6), 2004, 1779-1784.
Metody Numeryczne in the Institute of Mathematics, (VIII,IX semester).
Seminar: Differential equations and related topics (together with prof. P. Zgliczynski (II)
and prof. R. Srzednicki (IM)).